nakedpastor of a real different sort

Blog Forums Reconstruction Laugh Links & Ideas nakedpastor of a real different sort

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Just to be clear, this is NOT me!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  David Hayward.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I hope this church is praying for all of us out here, bound in our shackels of insecurity.  This is amazing, I will probably never go back to that part of the world, or it doesn’t look like it, but if I could I would love to visit this church and see if I would have the bravery to worship as they do. lol. I love this, it’s weird but I love it for some reason. lol. I must admit I have always found nudist to be gentle people.  lol. I guess they’d need to be, they have no physical protection from anything.  Thanks for sharing this. :)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I’m too modest I think for that kind of thing. And I wouldn’t be interested in the laying on of hands. ;)

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

This is too funny.

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

W O W…

I mean, I’m all for learning to be totally comfortable with my body..but..I guess I just can’t see myself ever becoming THAT comfortable..Haha!

interesting..and entertaining!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As they say…different strokes for different folks! OOPS! Maybe “strokes” isn’t the best word to use in relation to nudists – ha!

I was always an enthusiastic “church hugger” back in the day,  but in a church where people are nude…NOT SO MUCH! AT ALL! (I own that as MY problem – not theirs.)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As they say…different strokes for different folks! OOPS! Maybe “strokes” isn’t the best word to use in relation to nudists – ha!

I used to be an enthusiastic “church hugger” back in the day, but in a church where people are nude…NOT SO MUCH! (I own that as MY problem – not theirs. I wish I could be half that inhibited!!)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks for the chuckle!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Nudity is horribly underrated.  I can see a distinct place for it in worship. I totally get it when people experiencing a holy spirit moment strip off all their clothes. I have seen it in the Pentecostal church. I have interviewed people who have had this experience and it is profound and not in anyway associated with a lack of modesty, all the people I knew who stripped were modest, sincere speaking and acting people.  They related a feeling of total exposure to God, being already naked in his presence and realizing everyone was naked in HIS presence. They then became almost giddy with a kind of freedom in that moment and the idea of our traditional beliefs and clothing became almost unbearably hypocritical for them and so the stripping off of layers began.

In the Pentecostal and as I learned other churches where anything like this happened or could happen there are “spotters” who watch for the signs of the beginning of this ritual stripping.  A tie or hat comes off , a blouse or shirt starts to be unbuttoned all with the person usually in a near trance like prayer state.  So the spotters then can come up along side the person and lead them to a more private area or into another room or in some churches deacons will start to try to reason with the person and bring them down from this place of ecstasy. Some people are known strippers and they are usually watched and in a sort of way “dreaded” by their church family.

I find the entire scenario fascinating. I have worshiped nude in the privacy of my home and had wonderful moments of reassurance and love happen in the spirit.  I always feel naked before God, spiritually. I have always believed in the idea that if I even think it ABBA knows I have.  I have had some amazingly terrifying thoughts in my life and I haven’t ever felt ABBA leave me or hate me or have anything but compassion and mercy for me.  I have and am brought to very quick repentance through this freedom to think and edit my thoughts without fear and with the hope that ABBA’s benevolence will help me to a better place of understanding and it seems like it does, it’s only been about fifty years of this process working though. lol.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like in a church full of people consumed by this spirit of total exposure in the presence of God.  Maybe the Nudist have transcended the need for passion to bring them to that place, or maybe they are just Nudist and really hate clothes.  I don’t know.  I do find it fascinating though. I need to talk to some Nudists. I don’t hate clothes but something about the idea of being completely naked all the time fits with my philosophy about the way I try to live and think. I am a philosophical nudist, I imagine.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

My husband reminded me of a story I should have remembered about some pioneering Pentecostals, who all got naked and unions ensued en mass. lol. I’d forgotten about those folk. lol. Poor folk. I bet they wish they’d understood more about hormones, chemistry and repression. I’d forgotten about those poor folk. I shouldn’t have though.  We need to have mercy on the poor, educationally challenged people who practice our amazing Christian faith with the eyes and minds of children. They are out here and they need our prayers, y’all.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@kathy- you are cracking me up! My goodness. I love hearing your perspective, esp. after being in the Pentecostal movement. I have been practicing Bikram yoga, and I am finding a lot of freedom in wearing fewer and fewer clothes. (strip or die is sorta the feeling you get when in a room over 100 degrees) At first I couldn’t do it, mostly because i didn’t like looking at myself in the mirror.  After a while of practicing, the ego dies and even more freedom ensues.

There is something to the nudity thing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.