Prayer

Blog Forums Introductions Chit Chat Prayer

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

pmpope68
    Participant

As a Clevelander, I was inspired to see various clergy groups gather today at the location where the three women were found this week and pray.  I don’t know that I’ve often seen a community do that before.  They’re supposed to have a prayer walk in another few days.  Who knows, maybe this event is what was needed to spur people to be the Church.  Go into the community, celebrate with people and become a united force against evil.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Crazy world isn’t it?!

pmpope68
    Participant

Very crazy.  The whole thing is just mind-boggling.

starfielder
    Participant

I’m with you on the whole mind-boggling bit. 3 women… for 10 years. WOW. What sickness. What damage. Shockingly unbelievable and yet…

pmpope68
    Participant

I know.  It’s a bit much to wrap the mind around.  Tonight it was revealed they had been in that house and not off the property for 10 years.  They went to the garage a couple of times but had to wear wigs.

starfielder
    Participant

I read that too @pmpope68. Wow so crazy how abuse is alive and well and it’s mostly women. All over the world it’s the women. Human trafficking, it’s the children and women. I hate this about humanity. And hate is a pretty strong word. But, seriously, I hope that the community wraps their arms around those women and they can have some sort of life after this. But, how does one recover from this? Elizabeth Smart seems to be doing well. She has strong family ties and in fact has a Foundation dedicated to this very thing.

http://elizabethsmartfoundation.org/

Jaycee Dugart was a prisoner for 18 years…

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/07/18111889-jaycee-dugard-family-felt-same-joy-when-cleveland-women-rescued?lite

pmpope68
    Participant

I think a strong support system and access to good mental health resources is the key to recovery or healing.  But it will take time and they need to be patient with themselves.

pmpope68
    Participant

I was also just thinking about the adjustments they will have to make.  When two of them were kidnapped they were teenagers, now they’re women in their 20s.  Their families will have to adjust and come to the realization that those teenage years are gone.  That they missed out on being with their daughters for that time and now have to learn to deal with them as adult women.  The girl born in that house will have some huge adjustments too.  Just huge on so many levels.

starfielder
    Participant

I hear you. I totally agree.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Have you guys read “Room” by Canadian author Emma Donoghue? Really really good. Award winning book about a woman who gives birth to a child while kidnapped. Must read!

pmpope68
    Participant

I have not heard of that book, David.  It will be interesting to see how Amanda’s life unfolds as she was the one who had a child by Castro.  And that little girl, growing up in that environment.  I can only imagine….  Amanda has relatives down south who would love for her to move down there with them.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

The book is really interesting because it gives insight into those kinds of things. Actually, by the end of the book, they seem more normal and healthy than those outside in the world. Interesting. Yes, I’m looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I cannot imagine what those women in Cleveland went thru at the hands of that sick, sick bastard who kept them in captivity.  I cannot imagine the strength of character or massive amount of hope or something those women had to keep going for 10 years.  I personally would have committed suicide, I think.  I pray they are able to grieve what needs to be grieved (their lost childhood for one) heal, recover, and thrive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.