Seminary Graduate and Former Biblical Counselor

Blog Forums Deconstruction Ex-pastors & Leaders Seminary Graduate and Former Biblical Counselor

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of starfielder starfielder 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jennelayne
    Participant

I am not an ex pastor but have very similar experiences to those who have been. Two marriages to ministers (one who almost killed me; went to jail and was preaching in his first church 3 days later!) Ia seminary grad, former Biblical counselor and people are still referred to me for biblical counseling which I no longer give. It’s been difficult not to flagrantly dismiss myself as what I once was but offer myself as a competent secular counselor without apology.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Hey Jenn… holy smokes… almost killed you went to jail and preaching 3 days later… why am i not surprised?????? how is your practice going?

Jennelayne
    Participant

I just now saw this Dave!

That event happened in 2001. I’ve had several traumatic events since then culminating in a rape by my best friend’s husband who was also my secretary at work. After reporting the rape and going through proper channels at work I was fired one week to the day of the rape. I had a complete breakdown which lasted a a couple years. In December I finally walked away from my home which we hadn’t been able to keep up with the mortgage and I moved to an apartment. That was very hard but actually ended up being a relief. A friend offered me free office space and I just have a few clients which is all I want right now. I enjoy it but still healing. I also have MS which has just been upgraded from relapsing remitting to secondary progressive and one big new symptom is extreme fatigue and sleep. I also had two back surgeries in the past six months so work isn’t primary.

Like I said, I’m writing a book! There is so much in my life that’s just unreal. I am a very sensitive person and don’t feel I bring chaos into my life but I have been accused of doing that. I seem to have a sign on my head that says “abuse me” or “I’m an easy target”.

Jennelayne
    Participant

I guess I’m supposed to use the @david

David Hayward
    Keymaster

well i can’t wait to read it

Profile photo of Crysti
    Crysti
    Participant

Wow Jenny! I understand- I am still dealing with tumor removal surgeries from my spine- and fatigue and such. I can’t write much on here from the ipad (reading works great) so I mostly lurk- but am sitting up at the computer now to type. Hang in there and I want to read your book.

Jennelayne
    Participant

Thanks Crystal! :-)

Emily Riley

I look forward to reading the book as well! :)

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Well, I’m glad you have moved on from “biblical counseling.” I’d love to read your book too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.