The Chosen

Blog Forums Reconstruction Theology & Philosophy The Chosen

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of agnosticbeliever AgnosticBeliever 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cowboyjunkey
    cowboyjunkey
    Participant

I recently listened to this Ideas program and it really put a lot of stuff together. I may put it on again this week because there was so much to it. I drive a couple hours a day  so its easy to get alot of audiobooks or podcasts in.   I’ve put the description below and the links. What I love about Ideas is its fairly balanced and generally takes a birds eye view to things. It would be tempting to just showcase the bad of the chosen idea but it looks at the positive as well.

It is an idea that is ancient, and yet time has not dulled its vitality. It is an idea that echoes throughout history, and has inspired both genocide – and selfless service to others. It is alive today in the rhetoric of American politicians trumpeting their country’s “special role in the world.”  But it is also alive in the lives of ordinary people who devote their time helping the marginalized and forgotten.  It is the biblical idea of chosenness

In this two-part series IDEAS producer Frank Faulk examines this biblical concept’s centrality to Western thought and culture, through the lens of religion, politics, and psychology.  

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2013/06/12/the-chosen-part-1/

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2013/06/19/the-chosen-part-2-1/

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Got love being Canadian some days. I love the CBC, some days. I heard this show too and it was thoughtful. So much of religion is about trumping everyone else with “Thus saith the Lord”

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Awesome cowboy. Good luck with your blog!!

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Ooooo looking forward to this. thanks.

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant

@scottgillespie That looks very interesting….hope the blogging goes well. I look forward to reading it :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.