Well hello!

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Well hello!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Schroedingers-Cat Schroedingers-Cat 1 year ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi everyone,

thought I’d say a few lines by way of hello and introduction.  I’m still very much in transition in that I’m still a church leader/pastor although currently in a reasonably liberal expression of church having moved on from a fairly narrow thing three years ago.  In that time my experience of God, spirituality and church, my relationship with the bible and in following Jesus has become so much more free.  I’m continuing to hang on in there for the sake of folks still in church that need freeing up and experience something hopefully authentic.

I struggle…a lot.  Its not easy, but I have a deep sense of wanting to continue and continue what it means to follow Jesus today with some very sweet people.  I struggle with depression which comes from years of mad narrow evangelicalism and pastoral dogmatism which I’m hopefully more free of (work in progress…).  Trying to balance the onward journey with the need to feed my young family!  So, transition to every increasingly more liveable environments is the key and aim for us at the moment.  In the long term, I’d like to eventually move on to other work, but for now this is where we’re at.

Thanks for this community, I thank you in advance for your friendship and input, and for being willing to be a safe space for wanderers like me!

grace and peace,
    Andrew

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Welcome Andrew. My oh my your story sounds familiar!

Profile photo of kjstanton
    kjstanton
    Participant

Welcome, Andrew! I think you’ll find that this is a very safe space wherever you are on your journey.

Profile photo of BrianD
    BrianD
    Participant

Andrew, welcome!

Profile photo of JeffPrideaux
    JeffPrideaux
    Participant

Welcome Andrew.  Having been through a couple of career changes I know that sometimes you have to take one step back and one step sideways before you can take two steps forward.  It complicates things when you are also trying to support a family.  I wish you all the luck and good fortune in the years ahead.  Sometimes it is all about timing.  Other times you just have to make your own luck.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome Andrew! I certainly don’t envy the position you’re in – still being a pastor while in transition. You have my respect and support! Glad to have you with us. Feel free to vent any time you need to! We are here for you. There are several former pastors in this TLS community. Hopefully they can give you some helpful advice. I know they can at least say they understand what you’re going through, which means a lot.

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles
    Participant

Welcome Andrew! Glad to know you.  I am one who completely left the church altogether, but I definitely understand your desire to be there for others, and I think that is awesome.  We’re glad you’re here.

Profile photo of Chris M
    Chris M
    Participant

Welcome to the group Andrew.  You’re in a good place here.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Andrew I hope you’ll keep us posted as you journey. Thanks for the introduction. Welcome.

R2
    Participant

Hi Andrew!

Profile photo of Schroedingers-Cat
    Schroedingers-Cat
    Participant

Well hello to you too. Hope you find this a good place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.