"You gotta respect people who have strong religious beliefs, don't we?"

Blog Forums Reconstruction Laugh Links & Ideas "You gotta respect people who have strong religious beliefs, don't we?"

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Richard Richard 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

“Cause if you don’t, they’ll kill you.” 

This was a humerous quote from the late Richard Jeni

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

Bahahaha!! it’S SO TRUE!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I grew up like that, people who were uncertain or flexible were weak. Actually it was more like, “You must respect people who strongly adhere to The Truth (our truth). Today I simply don’t trust anyone who doesn’t have some degree of flexibility and uncertainty, especially in matters of unknowable proportions. If by believe, someone means their best effort to understand, then fine, I respect that. However, when belief is described as strong, I fear it is sliding towards absolute knowledge. These days when people declare their absolute certainty about the things of God, I just want to lean in and quietly say, shut the fuck up, you don’t know jack.

Gary
    Participant

“These days when people declare their absolute certainty about the things of God, I just want to lean in and quietly say, shut the fuck up, you don’t know jack.”

I love this!!

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Here’s another Richard Jeni quote.

You`re basically killing each other to see who`s got the better imaginary friend

And one more….

When one guy sees an invisible man, he’s a nut case; ten people see him, it’s a cult; ten million people see him, it’s a respected religion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.