Angie's Story

Blog Forums Deconstruction Spiritual Abuse Angie's Story

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of off-the-map Off the map 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

It is interesting how this happened.  I’ve been wanting to write my story and get it out for a while.   I didn’t ‘write my story’ but this is the www debut of what happened.  Granted it is a very abbreviated version with so many other things that happened.   I really respect Holly for her work with the NAR so I was happy that she wanted to my story on her website.  She has not done anyone’s story before.

http://www.SpiritOfError.org/2013/09/victimized-by-the-nar-angies-story/4054

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ang – WOW! What a story! It is unbelievable how conniving and manipulative your pastors/apostles/church were in exploiting you at a time when you were so vulnerable and really needed their help! I don’t know how they can even look themselves in the mirror every day – especially when they are doing the complete opposite of what Scripture says about caring and providing for widows and orphans. I’m glad you got to share your story on that website!

Rob Lentz
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your pain/hurt/abuse, especially after so much personal loss of your own – what that group did, when  you needed caring supportive people around, was despicable.  :-(  I hope that the future brings healing and true friends/support your way.  This story, along with other things I’ve been thinking about today, reminds me of something I read on here a month or so ago…can’t remember who shared it, but it was one of those memes like people put on their Facebook. It basically said something to the effect of , “I used to be sweet and innocent, but then Shit happened”.  In counseling, I learned that rigidity (like don’t question the leadership, etc) is dysfunctional/not healthy.  Now, having been burned a couple times, my radar picks that junk up from a long ways off. And then I RUN the other direction if possible.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Ang, this story deserves to be heard. Thank you. And I am heart sick.

Gary
    Participant

I wish there was a way to get these disgustingly abusive “churches” shut down.  I am glad you found a voice to tell your story.  It is not “slander” if what you are saying is true.  The cry of slander is often just the scare tactic of the guilty seeking to hide their crimes.  (Yes crimes. Their actions against you were actually criminal.)  So glad you are in a healthier place now.

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Thanks for all of your kind words.

Rob, “I used to be sweet and innocent, but then Shit happened”.  Yes, you can say that again!  And interesting thing ihow this happened.   I didn’t know Holly (website) and she emailed me and asked my association with the NAR.  What you read is my email to her.  I wanted to clean it up and make it more chronological, etc.  But she wanted to put it just like I sent it.  She has spent years investigating the NAR and has never before put anyones story on her website.  I had thought that maybe one day I would get up nerve to put it on one of the spiritual abuse websites, probably SASB because we’ve been in contact ever since her pastor sued her.    

I was far more trusting than I should have been.  I’ve had a lot of crap happen in my life but I sure never expected pastors to lie, cheat and steal.  But hey, I have learned a lot from this.  That is not all they do.  There are some pastors that have quit being a pastor to do some really good things to help people…  Isn’t that right, David?  And I am in contact with several pastors who are working really hard to get the word out about spiritual abuse and get abusive pastors exposed and held accountable.  But even pastors who are doing and covering up child molestation are still getting away with it.  Sick.   

Jo, I’ve made friends with people who have spiritual abuse blogs, etc.  And I have made friends with a lot of you here.  So the quality of people I am with now is so much elevated to when I was with at the church.

Gary, yes, the slander lawsuit was a bluff, I think.  But it sure messed with my psyche to think that these people I thought had been my friends for so long would suddenly do this.  And this is a bunch of people who like to say “I love you”…   Love you, Ang.  Yea, sure they did.  As long as I was going along with what they wanted.

I worked my butt off helping two of the pastors and two members get elected to city counsel.  I didn’t know at the time that part of the NAR plan is for NAR to ‘take over the cities and the workplace.’  I just looked and the two members are still there but both of the pastors were defeated when the next election came up.   And the church has really gone down in the past three years.  There were five pastors (one of which was the worship pastor) when all the crap happened with me and now there are two pastors (one of them being the worship pastor).

I still have triggers.  One of the pastors mothers send me an email a month or so back.  But life happens!

But the good thing is that I am doing good now.  TLS has helped a lot.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I agree Ang. Exposing and deposing abusive pastors is important work. Thanks for your brave contribution!

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Thanks David!  One pastor, who is brave like you and speaks truth and works with spiritual abuse victims, has been after me to call the DA and turn in a report.  I didn’t know what to expect but I finally called the DA’s office last week.  They said call the police and file a report.  I did.  I had a long talk with the Asst. Chief and he remembered me from when I had the National Night Out parties at my house.  We talked nearly an hour.  Quite interesting and revealing.  Since the damage to the house would be a civil matter,  the ‘theft by deception’ amount would be a misdemeanor and the statue of limitations has passed.  But he seemed appreciative that I let him know about the church and who was involved and what happened.

THANK YOU for TLS.  It has been an integral part in me gaining my voice back to be able to speak up.  You have helped many.  I hope I can help a few.

Profile photo of SassyShae
    SassyShae
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your story!  You are so brave to take back the control and separate yourself from that situation!

Profile photo of off-the-map
    Off the map
    Participant

Ang,

I think your situation brings up an issue I have run into several times in my church experiences, this idea that the church is outside the civil law.  I really appreciate that you spoke to the Assistant Chief (love it that he remembered you).  If nothing else, you have let them know that this organization is willing and able to deceive and steal.  I think that causing groups like your former church to come up against the laws that protect citizens from harassment, theft, abuse, etc is important.  Your story is heartbreaking. I am sorry that you found the rats in the woodpile.

I hope for peace for you as you move forward.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.