Are you an ally? Crazy Facebook, at it again.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Sexuality & Relationships Are you an ally? Crazy Facebook, at it again.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

David Hayward
    Keymaster

me too @amy

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Amy – I really like what you said!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Me too @Amy. I post it over and over to let others who are wrestling with the issue (as I once was) to know that there are people who are an ally and they can be too if they want. I am hoping to give others courage to be vocal. I know it has at least helped my sister be an more out-spoken ally.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I just found this thread and I wanted to again, stand and represent, like all the others here.  I am an ally, I am a person who believes Jesus’s command to love one another means accept one another. I think people who are silent at this point are choosing oppression, not love.  Silence is a huge part of shaming in the Christian faith. I am very suspect of silent people. lol. I am not a shamer and I don’t appreciate the practice of shaming, no matter what one has done.  I guess I have some North Carolinian in me that way. (North Carolinian’s have a reputation for constantly bringing up embarrassing or uncomfortable topics or remembrances to their acquaintances and friends.) lol. I want to talk about things that scare or seem to divide us. I like to initiate uncomfortable conversations. I don’t have many friends, much less delicate souled friends and my poor family takes blood-pressure meds because of me.  That little white-bread, pansey-assed, diplomatic meme that says to think before you speak and ask yourself, is it necessary, WTF? And don’t speak if what you say is not kind or gentle! That sentiment is like waving a flag at a bull, to me , as most of you already know. I know I have torpedoed many potential relationships in my life by being so absolutely aggressive in so many arenas, politics, gay rights and women’s rights being others, those subjects being bloody battle-grounds in the fundamentalist church.  I am a warrior queen, always have been and I am an Ally.  :)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.