Curent Favorite Worship Song

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively Curent Favorite Worship Song

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Lentz 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

U2 – Who’s Going to Ride Your Wild Horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF4GS9cSll4

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I have a love hate relationship with almost all worship songs. What I’m enjoying right now for religious music is Renaissance church music or Russian Orthodox choirs.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I don’t really listen to worship music anymore either. For me, too many worship songs have crap theology in them, and I don’t want to hear that stuff anymore.

Lately I’ve been listening to classical and light classical music while pondering the Great Unknown.

Wade
    Participant

I can’t listen to worship songs at the moment. Not since I came out from under the “Christian Guilt”. It’s a key reason I am not going to church so much, though there is one song I can still get on board with: God Of Justice. I don’t remember who wrote it or who originally recorded it.

Wade.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I was kidding. JOKE FLAG.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

max Q: way of the world

prefab sprout: let’s change the world with music (album)

keen to hear the polyphonic sprees live version of the rocky horror picture show recorded last year at royal albert hall.

noel gallagher track what a life is a good tune

ace frehley: i’m in need of love

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wayne – guess that was a 747 – it went right over my head – ha!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

p.s. I kind of like the Chocolate Jesus song

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I know it was a joke @wayner but still an interesting topic. There are some worship songs that have very important meaning for me. For example, Draw Me Close To You, I sang on a Sunday when my church was splitting apart before my eyes. It wasn’t an articulation of denial or escape, but focus and defiance in a time of utter chaos. You can hear Michael W. Smith sing it. CAUTION: ICK ALERT if you’re still have an allergy to worship music.

Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant

One of the things that I miss most about not going to church or being a christian for that matter is “worship”… In my pentecostal/charismatic background… Music played a very large role… I miss the sense of community and oneness of mind that I experienced in the past… But I have to say that this past summer at a music festival ( not a christian one ) I experienced this same thing… and actually it was far more profound and moving… I was sitting in the grass… listening to “Medicine for the People”… They have many songs that are very worship like… and as the crowd started singing along… a sense of love and connectedness was so thick in the air it was like a dense fog… As tears streamed down my face… I noticed that I was not the only one sensing this… People started joining hands… raising their hands to the sky… making symbols of peace and love… it was truly an amazing experience…

This is one of the songs that they played that night…

The lyrics are on the youtube page if you care to read them… =)

And another favorite…

Enjoy! Peace & Love

David

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

JadedFool & David – thanks for introducing me to Medicine for the People Native American music. I LOVE it! (I relate to what you’re saying about missing “worship” and the feelings of community music gave you. Glad to know we can experience those same feelings with other types of music and other communities.)

Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant

No Problem Jo!! It was not an experience I ever expected to have again… after leaving the faith… I had chalked up what I experienced in church to emotionalism… but I have to say that I believe there is power in collective thought… or collective consciousness rather… The thing that is so beautiful about the “hippie” fests that my wife and i attend are that they are truly come as you are… and who you are is celebrated as beautiful and unique!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Days Of Elijah by Robin Mark although the whole album (Revival in Belfast) is great.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wonder sometimes at the motivation of the writers of these worship songs & the churches that sing certain ones.  Some songs’ lyrics sound just as legalistic as the preaching – as if the writer just wants to keep Christians from experiencing true grace etc.

I like “I am Free” by the Newsboys.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.