Just another example of how religion can bring on dysfunctional insanity.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Sexuality & Relationships Just another example of how religion can bring on dysfunctional insanity.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Hayward 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hagere
    hagere
    Participant

This is just another example of how religion can bring about dysfunctional insanity: 

“We must teach our children the bible…”

I wonder which part of the bible they are talking about?

Whenever religious folks demonize gay people or gay sex as demonstrated in this video, I ask myself what they are repressing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmPYOhb-dcM&feature=player_embedded

This is the product of the brainwashing  of the Religious Right, and they are   exporting their hate to impressionable third world countries because they know that they can’t create such discriminatory laws in their own country.

Why doesn’t this guy worry about the real problems in his country (such as poverty and lack of clean water, etc) instead of what two consenting adults do with their bodies ?

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

Yeah, I’m really not surprised.  Far too much attention is given to policing people’s genitals.  It’s an unhealthy obsession and it ranges from controlling women’s bodies by creating rules for what they put on them to taking a bizarre interest in what gay people (particularly men) do in bed together to whether or not someone “fantasizes” while masturbating.  I really just cannot believe that God cares that deeply about this when a lot of religious types are failing to make sure no children starve to death.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Mostly, this makes me feel very sad. The folks speaking are speaking with such conviction that they are “right.” Sigh. And I think I’m with you @Citizen of the Cosmos, “why doesn’t this guy worry about the real problems in his country (such as poverty and lack of clean water, etc”

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I’m not surprised at all either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.