Marriage, Sex, and Everything in Between

Blog Forums Reconstruction Sexuality & Relationships Marriage, Sex, and Everything in Between

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of starfielder starfielder 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SavageSoto
    SavageSoto
    Participant

I know that I was heavy on the whole purity thing for several years, at one point I had even vowed to not kiss until marriage (hows that for extreme). I laxed on the kissing thing later, but looking back on things though, I admit that I actually regret waiting…because now Im in a place, both physically and mentally that I don’t know when I’ll get that chance again (although likely someday). There was at least one girl I genuinely loved that I wish I had taken the opportunity. I definitely don’t think it’s something people should rush into haphazardly, as our culture seems to scream “do it as soon as you can as much as you can”, but waiting til marriage is quite simply unrealistic in this day and age, especially since the average age for marriage now is around 27 (much higher than Biblical times, I’m sure). I mean, if someone really feels called to it, then more power to them…it just seems ridiculously that God expects everyone to do that regardless of the times.

What does a piece of paper and a ring and a ceremony really mean at the end of the day? Nothing unless two people are committed to each other and their well being, which is totally independent of those things anyway.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I love it when grace salts conversation. There is so much guilt and shame being thrown around as weapons of control. Free of these weapons, I wonder how different life would be for so many.

Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant

Great point David…

Thanx to all of you here… I have actually asked my self recently what “church” might be like if we all were in one place and COULD meet together!

Hey David! I have a crazy idea…

Have you thought of the possibility of having a “get together” or retreat for the TLS Members?? A once a year kinda thing…

I would be down for sure!!

I would even help put the thing together if you wanted.

Peace & Much Love

David

David Hayward
    Keymaster

i’m game. where?

Helene
    Participant

I propose David brings the coffee. And I think it has to be somewhere central like in the middle of the Pacific – I’m thinking one of the Hawaiian islands when it’s winter here – wooo !

Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant

David perhaps we should start up a new thread regarding a gathering…

We could see if there is enough interest… and get an idea of who would really like to attend… then we could see where everyone would be coming from and get an idea of a good location…

The Lasting Supper Family Gathering! =)

Peace

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Start the thread jadedfool!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.