Very superstitous…

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively Very superstitous…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of starfielder starfielder 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

My son had his spring concert last night, and they played this song (which is on my top 10 list). He has a solo around 2 minutes in. :)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Amy Amy.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Which one was he? The first sax, second sax or the horn? All good!! My school band sure didn’t sound like that lol.

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

He’s the second sax.  He says they’re playing this one plus “Swingin’ Shepherd Blues” and “Moon River” for their competition on May 31.  His band is mostly grade 5, with Jack & a few other grade 4 kids.  They’re competing against middle and high school kids, and they’re the only elementary band.  Last year they placed 7th out of 25.  With all that, you’d think their teacher is super high-pressure & intense, but he’s really not–he just loves what he does and passes that enthusiasm to the kids.  He gives them so much freedom to explore.  They practice a lot–3 days a week–but the kids enjoy it.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

That’s really awesome. Up here funding has been so cut that the arts are the first to go in schools. Very sad.

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

That’s awful! I think our state is headed that direction because of all the Dept of Ed garbage going on. So far, no one’s cut music. But they have cut library time in some schools, and art is underfunded.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks for sharing Amy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.