You favorite Sophia drawing.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively You favorite Sophia drawing.

This topic contains 45 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ruth Anne Ruth Anne 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I was just wondering what your favorite Sophia drawing of mine is. I have almost 50 to date. To check them out go here.

My plan, once I have all 52 completed, is to compile them into a book with poetry, meditations, and Sophia’s fans’ comments about each image.

So… what’s your favorite one?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  David Hayward.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  David Hayward.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  David Hayward.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have two and love them equally:  “Balance” and “Freedom”.  I like to think of “Balance” as also stepping out on a limb and jumping into the unknown.  “Freedom” is what comes from doing so.  I’m blessed to own a copy of both of these prints.  You can count on me to buy a Sophia book with accompanying poetry–love the idea!

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Can’t pick only one…

1. “Freedom Means Letting Go.”

2 “Steadfast” -first Sophia print I ever saw. I felt just like Sophia leaning into a giant rhino.

3. “Not by Might.”

4, and last but not least “Conquer.”

StarryNight
    Participant

Is “The Woman Caught” a Sophia?

This one is my favorite. I purchased it. It is a conversation starter. It put Sophia in front of her fears, but beside her Savior. Her attention is on him.  I love the color against the harshness of the black and white.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

all nice. i added a new one to the collection today… “rooted”. i’m getting closer to my 52!

StarryNight
    Participant

David, your Sophia series has prompted a friend of mine to write a book about her spiritual journey. She asked me if I would do some photos for her. It has been a fun journey figuring out different settings to do Sophia Photography and not get arrested for public nudity!

Profile photo of McBeth
    McBeth
    Participant

I own four that are all my favorites:

Caught…as a women’s studies student, I was immediately fascinated by the theme of how often women are defined and judged by the “male gaze”….and the prevailing theme that women’s sexuality is dangerous. This drawing took on a different and very personal meaning when I found myself in a situation where I was being judged like this woman. I kept it in my bedroom for quite a while and then decided I wanted it front and center in my living room…where it would spark conversation. And it has :)

Study: this is just me….searching for truth…studying, foraging, questioning…

Silver and Surrender: I bought these together because they resonate with me   how I see myself…naked, vulnerable and exposed before the divine…arms outstretched…trying to connect with honesty.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

wow. interesting!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

cool. interesting choices McBeth.

Chad: I’m interested in her project.

Profile photo of happylee
    happylee
    Participant

I like Nightamare.  But I also love the fact that Sophia means Knowledge.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

thanks Happy. lots of people like nightmare, which surprised me.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I really love “Suspended.” Like Sophia on this drawing, I too feel like I’m suspended between two different worlds. I love how one the the trees is much more alive than the other. I feel like I’m moving more an more towards life, but I have to remember to rest and stay present in this journey. I’m learning how to become comfortable in the unknown…in the suspension. And be okay not having answers.

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Vulnerable:  It is BEAUTIFUL!

I love animals.  They are vulnerable and at times we are vulnerable.   And your statement “just because you are vulnerable doesn’t mean you should be slaughtered.”  I can relate.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I love “Study”  “Summit” “Metamorphosis” the best because your art speaks what my heart feels about myself…and my journey, but “Trapped” has also touched me on many levels.

Profile photo of servantgirl
    servantgirl
    Participant

David I know these are your drawings but asking me to pick a favorite is like asking me to pick a favorite child. LOL.  As you probably know from our facebook interactions, I’d have to choose 3,  Cave, Caught, and Deconstruction.  I’m really excited about you doing a Sophia project and I’d love to know if you’re planning on using any of your original comments on the pieces.  While I love the art, the words you added to them made them come alive and made them a part of me.

Cave – “Sometimes, and frequently, you have to break away from everyone and everything, and with all your courage enter into the dark cave all by yourself, face your fears, and find the truth for yourself.” ~ ~ David Hayward

Caught - “I wanted to contrast the ugly black and white of the hard stones, rocks, faces and hearts of the religious system wanting to put her to death and the woman’s beauty, color, softness and vulnerability.”

Deconstruction -“…She’s grabbed a sledgehammer and returned to this wall to practice a bit of deconstruction. I believe she’s going to take it down. Stone by stone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.