You favorite Sophia drawing.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively You favorite Sophia drawing.

This topic contains 45 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ruth Anne Ruth Anne 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

David Hayward
    Keymaster

thanks servantgirl. i know ;)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

thanks for all your comments my friends.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Suspended! just resting right now…suspended and enjoying the beauty of the moment and all that it brings without worrying about external expectations…this brings…Freedom…released with power to run at will.

On my BD wish list.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

lots of people like suspended. thanks maliborn.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I also LOVE Conquerer!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have two originals – waiting and the pioneer – i love them both.

my other two fav’s are steadfast and not by might … but someone else scooped the originals … imho, those two embody sophia’s spirit.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

thanks TC

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

I’m obsessed with butterflies, and I can’t seem to stop finding parallels between the ugliness in life and the feeling of being cut off from the outside world and a butterfly’s chrysalis. Obviously my favorite Sophia drawing is “Metamorphosis”. It’s hard for me not to get a bit choked up thinking about the RENEWAL and REBIRTH I long for, while i’m yet in the process of being changed….

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The Sophia print that resonated with me most deeply was the “dismemberment” one.  I am sorry, but I can’t remember exactly what it was named.  It was the one where she had a nightmare and it showed all these arms and legs.

When I was first ripped out of church, isolated by my husband, and shunned by the members I thought as family, I had a repeated nightmare.  I kept dreaming that an evil masked man was hacking me to pieces and leaving me to die.  His peals of evil laughter still haunt my dreams even now.  I was just left alone to bleed and die.  Very powerful.  That’s what I was feeling.  And the nightmare Sophia had looked very familiar.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

“nightmare” is the name. you almost got it!! :)

I’m with moxierocks on this one: Metamorphosis. I really hope I’m becoming beautiful. Though sometimes it’s really hard for me to see.  The colors! The butterfiles! Can you imagine being Sophia in that picture? That would be so cool, hanging out with the butterflies. :-)

It’s a hopeful picture, for me.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Have you ever gone to a butterfly house? I’ve been twice. The first time was one of the most emotional experiences of my life. I actually think it was a foreshadowing of me leaving the church and my theology, etc., going through significant change.

moxierocks
    Participant

*sigh* I raised some butterflies at home a couple of springs ago. One of the coolest experiences EVER!

I really hope I’m becoming beautiful, too, A Different Michelle…I really, really do. Lately, I feel so..so..blech.

moxierocks
    Participant

By the way, that was meant as a wistful, happy memory sigh..:D

David Hayward
    Keymaster

well moxie, for what it’s worth… you’re beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.