fundamentalist christian posts/comments

Blog Forums Reconstruction Theology & Philosophy fundamentalist christian posts/comments

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of happylee happylee 2 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Ok, David, I was reading what people were saying in comments to you on FB. It made me so irritated! I told myself I wasn’t going to read any more… in fact I scooted myself on over here to ask you how you stand it sometimes? And there is the message that pops up to all of us and it says, “Have I told you lately that I love you. ”

You got me! Lol! Perfect! I laughed. Thank you.

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

:D That’s pretty great…

Gary
    Participant

Love it starfielder.  Great observation!!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

:) I get that stuff all the time and I’m used to it. Actually, that’s one of the main reasons why I started this site… so that I could have a safe place and provide it for others where we’d be free of that kind of stuff that shows up on facebook and nakedpastor. and i really do love you guys!

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

It’s such a relief that I’m not going to be told what is wrong with my thinking-theology-attitude-prayer life-sinfulness…

ahhhhhhhh a breath of fresh air

Profile photo of happylee
    happylee
    Participant

I’m reading this book called “So, you don’t want to go to Church anymore” by Jake Colsen and some of the stuff I’ve read is unbelievable!  Thank God I never went through the awfulness and judging attitude described in there.

Yeah, and well, I’m just really glad I met David and was introduced to his art.  There was this one drawing of his that was a healing balm for my soul.  I have it lodged in my head and heart for ever.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

which drawing was that happy?

Profile photo of pamwerner
    pamwerner
    Participant

I think you get to a point where it becomes water off a duck’s back. Like today for me was comical.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I think, Pam, you like starting things. I recognize that trait ;) I think you would be a great discussion leader.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

*Sometimes* I think that those who are the most vitriolic in defending their church’s party line, are those who are growing and starting to doubt what they’ve always been taught.

Suffering and Fear causes them to lash out, and just maybe if they dismantle any criticism, their faith will eventually return to what it was. Even when they’re being assholes, they might be just where they need to be.

happylee
    Participant

David, the one where Christ cries with another little guy.  Geez, that changed my life.  When I’m sad this drawing helps me through the sorrow.  I can never thank you enough for it.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

ah… this one?: Someone Cares

happylee
    Participant

Yes!  I saw that one a long time ago, and it was a life-saver at that time, as that was gist of the journey I was on.  And ever since, it’s been in my head and heart.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.