Greetings!!

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Greetings!!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  David Hayward 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant

Hello all!

I thought I would drop a quick note in here to just say… “HELLO!!”

I am sure at some point I will share my story if anyone is interested but since I have already started posting I thought I better at least introduce myself! =)

My name is David… I am a once divorced twice married father of 6… ( 4 from 1st marriage – 2 with my wife )… I am a former associate / youth pastor of 8 years in a independent charismatic church… I attended north central university ( which is an assembly of god college ) and studied cultural anthropology, youth ministry, and foreign missions…

I stepped down from the ministry when I could no longer speak what was on my heart as it was in conflict with the teachings of the head pastor… He was the leader of that church and I felt the right thing to do was to step down instead of speaking against him or his teachings…

I have been spiritually abused but early in my time as a pastor I was also a spiritual abuser… My intentions were good…. but my actions were not… I regurgitated the same poison that was fed to me… I later began to realize this abuse… both done to me and done by me… I began to search deep and study the original texts and started to question the dogma I was taught at NCU… I started to question the “HOLY” systematic theology 1 and 2 books which I had previously treated like the arc of the covenant… lol

Dang it!! I was gonna keep this short… CLIFF NOTE DAVE CLIFF NOTES!! GRR LOL!

Anyway… stepped away… became very jaded… still am somewhat… I do not have all the answers… only a few ideas…

I only know one thing in my heart to be true… that LOVE is the answer… If there is a god… it is LOVE… and if LOVE is not god… but god truly is the god of a literal old testament… the all powerful god that does nothing while the innocent are killed, children starve in the streets, and people are killed or maimed because of the color of their skin or the person they choose to love… then I do not care to know that god…

Ok I will stop now… lol

I only intended to say “Hello!”

Peace and Much Love!

David

The Jaded Fool

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Hey there Jaded Fool/David, here’s a link to my post about how I got here. http://www.thelastingsupper.com/blog/2012/08/starfielder-what-i-know-now/

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

Welcome, David! Thank you for sharing a bit about what brought you here. :)

thejadedfool
    Participant

Thanx Star and Moxie!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome David!

Profile photo of SaraJ
    SaraJ
    Participant

Hi David!  “Welcome” to you too. :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Jaded/David – I have really enjoyed reading your posts. Look forward to more sharing from you.

(btw – your post wasn’t all that long. I could have kept reading! Besides -I think I hold the record for a couple of the longest posts -ha! (One was my story and the other on the topic of forgiveness.)

thejadedfool
    Participant

Thanx Jo… lol… I was just trying to do an intro… really! i promise… but I get a little preachy at times… lol… guess it is just my nature… =P

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Great to have you here, David.  This is a cool group to do a church detox with.  See/talk to, you around, hopefully!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hey David,

Just read this and think it is magnificent! I too have roots in the AOG, and was a Youth Pastor as well as worship leader.   I am so glad to never have to ever go back to an AOG campus – ever.  Did I mention never?  ;)

thejadedfool
    Participant

LMAO!! Boy do I hear you brother!! I also ended up working very close with a vineyard church… Sounds like we walked some similar roads!

Welcome!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hey David! I really enjoyed your post and hearing from you. :-D

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Jaymar and David, I did both, AoG and Vineyard too. I will never say never but…..

thejadedfool
    Participant

Thanx Danielle!

I have know a lot of folks actually that went from AoG… to Vineyard… and quite a few from Vineyard to… well non-traditional… lol

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Starfielder Nice.  :)  @thejadedfool Yeah, this is true.  I was going to actually plant with a fellow Vineyard pastor in Texas, but ended up moving to New York.  Then I was going to plant a Vineyard church in Albany, NY, but the Senior Pastor rejected our 2 year plan and my team of planters. So we agreed to disagree and did our own thing for 5 years.  I guess you would call it non-traditional.. It was called The Distillery…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.