OMG – WTF is wrong w/ people

Blog Forums Deconstruction Spiritual Abuse OMG – WTF is wrong w/ people

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amy Amy 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This couple let two children die because they did not seek medical treatment. Their “religion” forbids it.  from the article, which I’ve linked below, ”

“Herbert Schaible, 44, and his 43-year-old wife grew up in the First Century Gospel Church in northeast Philadelphia and have served as teachers there. The church’s website has a sermon titled “Healing — From God or Medicine?” that quotes Bible verses purportedly forbidding Christians from visiting doctors or taking medicine.

“It is a definite sin to trust in medical help and pills; and it is real faith to trust on the Name of Jesus for healing,” says the message, from last May.”

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2nd-child-pa-couple-dies-after-only-praying

I hope they are charged with murder and their 7 other children are never returned to them.

Gary
    Participant

“Catherine Schaible’s attorney, Mythri Jayaraman, cautioned against a rush to judgment, and said the couple are good parents deeply distraught over the loss of another child.”

Well fuck that.  No amount of being “distraught” could ever in any way exonerate them for such profound ignorance.  They are not entitled to act on beliefs which directly caused the deaths of two of their children.  I don’t know how they kept their kids after they killed the first child.  I hope they lock them both up and throw away the key.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

“the couple are good parents”. i wonder what she means by that.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Um, there’s A LOT WRONG with people… just saying…

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

@starfielder LOL…yep.

This situation disgusts me.  I, too, wonder what is meant by “good parents.”  How are they defining that?

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Well, @Amy, I would wager to say that “good parents” follow biblical mandates and are probably fans of Dobson and that crazy book about scheduling your child the biblical way or some such nonsense. Ooo I sound so jaded…..

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

@starfielder bahahaha! Yesterday, someone told me that growing up, her parents considered James Dobson to be too liberal.  Apparently, she used to sneak in copies of Brio (the FoF mag for girls).  Funny–in a sad way–that reading Brio would constitute rebellion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.