Site Suggestions

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers Site Suggestions

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Hi everyone. Well… we’ve reached a kind of benchmark with 150 members. You guys are like our charter members. I think that’s so cool.

I’m working hard every day to make this site a better place for us. I say “us” because it is for you, but I’m also doing this for myself. I enjoy the community and what’s happening here and want this site to be everything it can be to facilitate our spiritual health and independence.

So I’d like some suggestions! Simple question: what do you think would improve this site? Please be honest. Thanks!

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

I sometimes wish I could privately message someone. Kinda like on fb. I’ve had some great conversations with folks but if they aren’t on here I can’t leave them a message… even to set up a time to chat.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I was going to say the same thing as Starfielder.

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

Hey ladies, private messaging is here! Scroll down the column to “Messages”, click on it, and you can start typing in a member’s name. I’ve used the messaging feature just this week and it’s great!

moxierocks
    Participant

Oh, oops! That should say “Messaging”…not messages.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of moxierocks moxierocks.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Starfielder: We can already Direct Message other members. Go to the “messaging” link on the side bar. the button. click on that. Choose on “new message”. start typing the member’s name. it should appear. type message. send. wait :)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

oh… just realized you already answered them Moxie! thanks.

starfielder
    Participant

Sweet!

Thanks!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

i think the biggest problem right now is the site is not simple. it’s kinda confusing. that’s my main project. ease of use.

starfielder
    Participant

David, I think this is what I mean when I used the word “complicated.”  Simplicity in the user interface… for instance, there are so many topics in forum.. I wish these were like you had it at first … in three categories. (can’t remember the three but they were clear and clever)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

thanks star. definitely working on making this streamline and easier to use. “clear and clever”… that’s pretty clear and clever!!

Profile photo of Shira C
    Shira C
    Participant

I haven’t spent all that much time here, so I feel like I keep having to learn the interface all over again. One thing I’d like is if the chat opened in a separate window rather than being sort of tethered to the main window. While I’m waiting for someone to respond I usually am looking at other parts of the site, and the chat sometimes blocks what I’m trying to see. It’s possible, though, that I am just clumsy with the interface.

Another thing (this may not be possible) is that when I read someone’s post on the forum, I sometimes wonder if they have posted a story of their journey already. It would be great if I could find that without (1) opening a new window, (2) going to the community stories tab (which might open yet another window) and then searching visually to see if I see that person’s name. (Note that this will get even less convenient as the number of users grows! I’m thinking big, because this site definitely fills a need.) My ideal solution would involve just clicking on the person’s name and seeing what is publicly available about them, I suppose.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

moxierocks
    Participant

Lol, I hope you didn’t feel like I was doing your job, David! I was just trying to be helpful…:P

Profile photo of verittus
    verittus
    Participant

A way to further organize the forums would be helpful, though this may take more time to discover what topic threads are most touched on.  The community stories thread and  the ex-ex-pastor thread have been a good start at organizing the forum.  Perhaps time will tell what categories are most fitting.

An example of a structured forum, which I’ve appreciated, is here @ http://www.saskreef.ca/forums/index.php  (fish forum).  You can also post pics and video on this form, whichis a nice feature.  The ability for users to post video and pics might also help foster more community discussion by encorporating  a”third party”, though you have provided us with some of this through your own contributions.

Overall, I’ve been able to find my way around, but a little more fluidity in navigating would be helpful.

I tip my hat to you David.  Thus far, the site’s developments have occured at a rapid pace, and have enhanced my site experience. It’s clear to me that you are working very hard on development.  It’s also clear that you are building a fine and comfortable place for us to gather, to foster community and nurture life.

Cheers!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of verittus . Reason: Spel ling Misstakes galorE

David Hayward
    Keymaster

and you were moxie! confirming what i know

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.