Slide Show: A glimpse into my heart. PICTURES OF MY PREMATURE BABY

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers Slide Show: A glimpse into my heart. PICTURES OF MY PREMATURE BABY

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sandy G. Sandy G. 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

WARNING!     This is a slideshow of pictures from birth to 4 months of my youngest daughter, Bella Rose. Since she was so premature, she is very, very small and underdeveloped looking. That fact, combined with all the medical equipment in/on her body, is something that I recognize might be difficult for some people to see. I DO want people to watch this, but I don’t want anyone to be unprepared. This slideshow was prepared by me, and I chose the music to go with it. I blasted this song by Muse  on repeat in my car daily on the way to and from the hospital to be with me baby. It will always be “Bella’s song” to me. Every word in it paints a picture of my heart during those months. I hope you can hear and see even just a little something to help you understand the journey we have been on with this little girl. :) Love to you all, my friends.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of moxierocks moxierocks.
    Profile photo of Vinny
    Vinny
    Participant

Wow!  So powerful.  Thanks for sharing, Mox!  So tiny, yet full of life.

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Moxie,

Thanks for sharing.  I have a cousin who went thru similar circumstances and know that even looking at the pictures doesn’t bring to reality the feeling of seeing the little darling baby that small in person.

She is so precious.  I can’t imagine the highs and lows you must have gone thru during those four months.  The picture at the end, you with the three girls, is beautiful!

HUGS!

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

How did I miss this when you posted it? That was incredibly beautiful in a life-affirming way.  Thank you for sharing something so close to your heart.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I just found this too. Awesome!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

wow wow wow

Profile photo of Syl
    Syl
    Participant

Amazing. (And love the music.) How medicine has advanced in – wow, it’s been over 50 years now. My baby sister was a 31 week preemie, just over 2 lbs – that was 1960 and she wasn’t expected to survive but she’s always been stubborn! Your Bella Rose _is_ a beautiful flower.

Profile photo of off-the-map
    Off the map
    Participant

Moxie – Thank you!  This was wonderful.  What a harrowing journey.  Your photos tell the story – a daily struggle for the tipping point, where Bella grows out of danger and into your arms indeed! Thank you.

Profile photo of mechelle
    mechelle
    Participant

Wow,thanks for sharing.I never had to do any NICU stuff for my own kids,but did have to for one of my grandkids.It is an experience that changes you,regardless of why you are there.It was great to see your daughter grow  :)

Profile photo of Sandy G.
    Sandy G.
    Participant

Wow.  Beautiful.  <3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.