The Shaming Voice in my Head (and Spiritual Abuse Week on the Web)

Blog Forums Deconstruction Spiritual Abuse The Shaming Voice in my Head (and Spiritual Abuse Week on the Web)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Kathy-D, we go to church too… our kids want to go… and so… but it makes me uncomfortable…  I read a book on my kindle/phone…

Profile photo of SaraJ
    SaraJ
    Participant

@DeannaOgle  Thank you for sharing your blog post.  It was so honest and right on!!  Totally identify.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@starfielder — re church, we have one couple that go there that we’re good friends and they are pretty grace-based…and hubby wants to continue attending more than I do. Our church is okay, no better or worse than any other.   I generally listen to the sermon.  Sometimes I want to throw things at the speaker though :)  Honestly? I think God tells me when what the speaker’s saying is BS, by the grumbling that starts in my heart.

We (our church) are filling a need in the community w/ our food distribution program which I respect our church for launching.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.