You favorite Sophia drawing.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively You favorite Sophia drawing.

This topic contains 45 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ruth Anne Ruth Anne 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

Thank you, David! You are a beautiful person, and a beautiful light in my life through the work you do.

Profile photo of debbiedarline
    debbiedarline
    Participant

I love the Sophia drawing “Home”.  It reminds me of one of one of my favorite songs by a musician named Chris Rice called “Home Tonight” .  Sophia seems to be yearning for home in this picture – feeling lonely and far away, but trying to “get back” to that place of belonging.  I also love Metamorphosis.   I love how Sophia is changing from black and white into color again.  What a powerful and hopeful image that is – in so many ways.

Profile photo of amarisjane
    amarisjane
    Participant

My favorite is “Wisdom”.  It’s so beautiful and powerful!  I love the owl with outstretched wings.  It’s donned my wall for a couple of years almost.  I treasure it!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

that’s cool amaris. i forgot you had a print of that.

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant

I like “Entangled” because it makes me think of all the things that hold me back, or what I lead myself to believe is holding me back. I need to learn to fight that and free myself.

Are you going to make a book of Sophia drawings and meditations? I would so buy it:)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

that is my plan agnosticbeliever :)

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Earlier I answered my favorite as ‘Vulnerable‘.  I loved that immediately as soon as I saw it.  It is awesome.  And when I read what you wrote… just because you are vulnerable doesn’t mean you should be slaughtered.  That made it a big wow…  I love animals and hate them being mistreated; but also have witnessed the harm that churches do to people.

Then you did ‘Metamorphosis’.  And it too is so beautiful.   You said ‘My journey, especially over the last two years, has been one which has required considerable change in me. Actually, it has been a rather painful revelation of the transformation that is urgent and necessary.’    …and that is how my life has evolved the last two years.

October is/was my husbands birthday and I still get him a present, or I guess I really get me something that reminds me of him.  Silly, I guess, but that is just how it is.  My husband was very artistic and we  use to go to art exhibits, etc.  One of our favorite pieces of art ever was a drawing of a nude woman from the back; just very simple but so elegant.  So this piece of yours, David, brought back happy memories of my husband and those simple and fun times of us being together.  And the butterflies make me think that maybe one day I will ‘metamorphosis’ and be with him again.

Both of these are breathtaking.  There are no words to compare seeing  them  in person to seeing them on the computer.  I’m honored to own them.  I still just stand and look at them.

Earlier, I had gotten ‘The Right Hand of Fellowship’ cartoon.   It depicts my ‘church story’.   I have the three of them grouped together and they get oohs and ahhs and questions of the correlation of the three together; so different but all so captivating.  They start very interesting conversations.

David, THANK YOU!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

thanks for sharing Ang. beautiful and touching story.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I love all of the Sophia’s, they all speak to me. But initially the one that stood out the most and I purchased was the outside library in the moonlight one. Probably because I love books. I find it unusual, liberating and so peaceful. It happily sits with my books.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

that’s cool helene. i thought that one would be a good image for a “this book belongs to…” stamp for inside book covers. or as a bookmark.

Profile photo of pamwerner
    pamwerner
    Participant

Hands down, Metamorphosis.  I have even thought about a tattoo inspired by it.  It so represents my journey as “sophia” this past year.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

oh wow. that would make a great tattoo.

Profile photo of Ruth Anne
    Ruth Anne
    Participant

I like Metamorphosis the best too. I love the contrast with the black and white Sophia and the new life and color all around her. Its so rich in meaning. Every time I see it I get lost in it… like all time stops.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m not sure if “favorite” is the best way to describe it, but the Sophia drawing that has impacted me the most, (it basically takes my breath away each time I see it) is “Trapped”. The most vivid representation of what Christianity does to women that I’ve ever seen.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Thanks Kat. Nice to meet you. Welcome. We’re all here to support one another.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.