Abstinence!? craziness.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Sexuality & Relationships Abstinence!? craziness.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

TOPEKA — Jon and Darla Crocker, who dutifully abstained from sex during their 14-month courtship, have remained abstinent after marriage and plan to do so indefinitely.
    “If it was holy before, it must be double-holy afterwards,” Darla says.
    They have now completed 25 months of marriage without any sexual contact, going about their normal lives, jobs and social calendar with no hint of relational strain.
    Sometimes after dinner they will kiss in the kitchen and “start having bedroom thoughts,” Darla says, but they never fail to pull back. Darla breaks away to spray cool, misted water on her face. Jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.
    They don’t know when they’ll finally break the pledge, and they feel no pressure. After abstaining so long before marriage, “a few extra years is nothing,” says Darla.
    “Of course, we don’t lord it over any other couple who decides to have sex after marriage, but for us it’s about staying faithful to the abstinence message and the holiness involved with that,” says Jon who seems unbothered. “For us, true love waits, and waits, and waits.” •
    Here’s the article: http://www.larknews.com/archives/217

David Hayward
    Keymaster

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Lark news. This can’t be true. Or is it? I know a couple of couples who had NO contact before marriage. Their first kiss was at their wedding. One couple split up and divorced within the year. The other couple are making babies like they’re populating a planet.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I’d probably go through a 50lb bag a day.

starfielder
    Participant

It made me laugh.

Profile photo of Deanna Ogle
    Deanna Ogle
    Participant

I’m pretty sure Lark News is fake, because I nearly freaked when I read the article.

I have an aunt and uncle who saved their first kiss for marriage. It was awkward while they were engaged because instead of giving a peck on the cheek or lips like most people, they would just stare longingly into each others eyes.

I mean, I guess I’m happy for them if they feel like that’s what they need to do? But I will NEVER raise my potential future kids like that. Creeps me out.

I totally want to see a follow up article where they finally relented but they only do missionary position and only for baby-making. ;)

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

I feel a little sad now. I posted a link to this story in my forum post titled “Satire ,or is it?” Makes me realize my weird feeling nobody read it was not unjustified.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Don’t be sad @moxierocks!! To be honest, I didn’t read it. And here’s why: I was WAY more interested in YOUR story than that one. And that’s definitely the line your thread took. People were more interested in you than Lark News. :)

Jeni Ananda
    Participant

If it’s true- they are MISSING out! That’s the best part about being married!!
    Frankly, sometimes that’s the only thing that brings us back together. I’m starting to think I married my husband because he smells good. lol

starfielder
    Participant

Mox, I love when you post. You’re amazing. Sorry you felt sad… that’s no good.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Mox – I read your post! The only reason I didn’t respond was because I couldn’t figure out if the article was true or supposed to be satire and I didn’t want to appear dumb! I always read – and LOVE – your posts!! So don’t let that stop you!

starfielder
    Participant

I’m with @Jo White.

Profile photo of McBeth
    McBeth
    Participant

Haha…me too. I read it when moxie first posted but could not tell if it was fake. I have known so many people who have done extreme things concerning their sexuality and relationships based on their “biblical” ideas that I knew if it wasn’t true for this couple….someone else is certainly living this way.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

LarkNews is always satire.   So never believe it, juts LAUGH… :)  So is TheOnion by the way..  and http://www.holyobserver.com/

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

Haha..oh my. I would apologize for admitting I was a little sad some of you didn’t read the article when I posted it..but I won’t because I’m a new person who isn’t ashamed of my feelings anymore. :) I love you guys, thanks for the encouragement. I really, really wasn’t hunting for compliments or wanting my ego stroked. I just felt a bit…ignored…since I posted the same article but it wasn’t really acknowledged and then @starfielder posted it and suddenly everyone’s talking about the article.. Anyway, just so you all know, I DO feel that the conversation on my thread is worthwhile, so please know that I am not upset about the turn that it has taken. I am so totally over my sadness, which was in fact little and short lived..Lol! :)

Profile photo of Discovering-Life
    Discovering-Life
    Participant

@moxierocks

Way to go! It’s tough work breaking the “I apologize  for having emotions” impulse :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.