Abstinence!? craziness.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Sexuality & Relationships Abstinence!? craziness.

This topic contains 26 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

@moxierocks LOL! Well, I read the article, even though I didn’t comment on it specifically.  I suppose that’s what good satire does, though–you laugh at it, but then you recognize the truth in it and it makes you think.

And now I’m going to comment on the article–it’s hilarious, in a sad kind of way.  Also kinda sad that “cool misted water” is enough to keep Darla’s “bedroom thoughts” at bay!

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant

So what kind of message do they need to have sex? of course my thoughts went to the “burning bush”….that talked to Moses of course!!!! hahahahaha

But seriously, this obsession with making sex so special is insane. If the want to be “frutiful and multiply” then they gotta have sex.On the one hand we say sex is wonderful and good but yet so carnal and sinful…it’s very schizophrenic and it really leaves people with some confusing messages.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

I know it’s satire. BUT, my friends in college DID THIS FOR REAL.

Profile photo of SaraJ
    SaraJ
    Participant

@moxierocks  I read your post ( not the link though)  :)  I just didn’t comment because I didn’t know what to say.  I can relate to some of your story (as we have already chatted about).  And I, like David, was more interested in YOUR story than the link you shared.  Its becoming obvious that people commit themselves to all sorts of things/vows/rules etc…so you just never know.

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

@starfielder WHAT?? Your friends actually did this? Oh, my.  Must have been obeying the Bible verse about abstaining for a time for spiritual purposes. Yikes!

@AgnosticBeliever yeah.  This whole “it’s bad, bad, bad” followed by “it’s the awesomest thing EVAH!” is ridiculous.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

@Amy, I know it’s so weird. They’ve been married a long time now…

Jeni Ananda
    Participant

I don’t think God is a prude AT all. The Hebrew wedding ceremony was pretty graphic.  After the vows, there was a bridal chamber where the groom would go with the bride. They would have sex while the all the guests waited outside. (They weren’t married until they consummated the covenant.) It’s a blood covenant- imo- that’s why they weren’t technically married until they had sex. The sheet (yikes) with all the bodily fluids was then thrown over a wall so the entire guest list could see it and see that they had sex. Can you imagine?? then, the party could begin, because then they were married. Can you imagine if American kids attended a wedding like that? The God of the Bible set that scenario up- so hilarious.

I think Jesus even used sex as a metaphor for receiving a ‘word’ from God. The word ‘seed’ was ‘sperma’… and the seed is planted in good soil (womb) and grows. I think having children is a metaphor or example of receiving, conceiving, a word from God and watching it grow and manifest. In fact, most ‘words’ are about our identity in Christ. the two made one flesh as the Body of Christ. To see our children is to see the two identities mixed and we train those children in our ways- we lead by example and see the love of God multiplied.   —okay— getting down off my soap box now.. But this stuff fascinates me…

Gary
    Participant

@JeniAnanda, I don’t think God is a prude AT all.

I couldn’t agree more.  The sex negative hysteria that exists in fundamental churches is not supported by the bible at all.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

@jeniAnanda: i like your soapbox ;)

Jeni Ananda
    Participant

Oh, don’t encourage me… *giggle*
    I tease my Christian friends to pray for the ‘anointing’ of Esther- because her God given skill was being awesome in the sack so King Xerxes chose her. I’m not buying it that his overnight ‘choosing’ of a queen was all playing chess and having witty conversations.
    I think the moral of the story is, she saved the Hebrews by being a good lay. Bwahaha!
    And, God has His own naughty romance novel in the Bible. It cracks me up when my Christian friends are feeling guilty for reading some romance smut novel.  I’d love to have a study group on Song of Solomon what all those word pictures mean. LOL

Profile photo of RevOxley
    RevOxley
    Participant

“I tease my Christian friends to pray for the ‘anointing’ of Esther- because her God given skill was being awesome in the sack so King Xerxes chose her. I’m not buying it that his overnight ‘choosing’ of a queen was all playing chess and having witty conversations.
    I think the moral of the story is, she saved the Hebrews by being a good lay. Bwahaha!
    And, God has His own naughty romance novel in the Bible. It cracks me up when my Christian friends are feeling guilty for reading some romance smut novel.  I’d love to have a study group on Song of Solomon what all those word pictures mean. LOL” ~ @jeniananda

We need a Like button David.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

woohoo

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.