Saying Goodbye to TLS

Blog Forums Deconstruction Trying to Move On Saying Goodbye to TLS

This topic contains 24 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Didn’t quite know where to put this.  There is a place for Meet and Greet, but no place that I can see for “Moving On.”  Maybe this place was originally for that.  Wanted to let you folks know a little about what I have been experiencing over the last few months and let you know why I am going to disappear in a few days from TLS.

I have not spoken to anyone about this, so it will come as a bit of a surprise maybe to David and other folks who have read and liked my posts here.  I am tired of the discussion.  I have been discussing these kinds of issues now going on about 10 years since I was first made aware of the problems with the church and Christianity, and I think it is 10 years too long.  I don’t want to see another post on the subject. Please do not take offense if you are posting these types of posts here at TLS.  I have been proud to be a part of this community of friends these last few months and am so proud of what you folks are doing here.  This is a lovely and a safe place and I am so honored to say I was a part of it for a short amount of time.  People who read my stuff might be able to tell where I have been if they look at a few of my more recent comments.  Those comments are pretty much filled with a dry kind of humor, because it has been very difficult for me to take any of this stuff seriously lately.  That being said, I loved reading all your stories and meeting you folks.

If you are my FB friend I am grateful for that, and hope to carry on that online friendship.  I will also ask to be removed from the secret group so that those notifications do not pop up on my wall.  Again, I am just in a place now where I want silence when it comes to the subject of church, Christianity and spirituality.  This has nothing to do with the warmth and love and acceptance I have felt here from you.  I will ask David to remove me from membership in a few days.  Until then I will stop back by to read your comments.  Love you, and God bless you all.  – John

Profile photo of pamwerner
    pamwerner
    Participant

Wow John you have no idea. I totally get it! Hope to continue our online friendship. I will remove you from the group ;)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks Pam, please wait for a few days and I will let you know when to remove me.

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

I’ll miss you around here, but I hope to keep in touch on FB from time to time! And I hear you…I can’t seem to stomach the discussion much at all myself anymore!

pmpope68
    Participant

Totally understand.  There are seasons in life and for a while this space served a purpose for you and now it’s time to move on.  I have my days too, but am not quite ready to move on.  Godspeed to you, John.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Totally get it.

take care

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Sad. Thanks for sharing this with us John.

Profile photo of SavageSoto
    SavageSoto
    Participant

Understandable. Well, if you ever get the itch to discuss again someday down the road…don’t be a stranger :)

Good luck to you

Profile photo of cdevon
    cDevon
    Participant

I understand completely.  I like the banter,  philosophical touch here and there. Meeting new people and I really do enjoy looking at spirituality from different vantages points.  Safe and Loving journey to you.

Profile photo of Sandy G.
    Sandy G.
    Participant

Sorry to see you go, but I get it.

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

I definitely understand, and self-care is important when it comes to these things.  I’m glad to have had the chance to meet and befriend you.  I do still talk about this stuff, so feel free to ignore anything I put up on FB that isn’t about my kids. LOL!  (Actually, you can ignore that too–I never think people should be obligated to think my kids are awesome.)  May you find peace & joy in your journeys.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You folks are all so damn sweet…  :)  Thanks for the farewells…   Hope to see you folks online, and @Amy I already told you I could read your stuff all day long…  :)

Profile photo of Syl
    Syl
    Participant

Phooey. :-( I understand, but phooey anyway. I’ve really enjoyed having you here – wishing you blue skies and fair winds!

Wade
    Participant

I’m beginning to appreciate that TLS is, for some people, a temporary place.

Wade.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

John sorry to see you leave but I wish you the best. Who knows, maybe we’ll see you again :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.