The Lasting Supper Family Gathering!

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers The Lasting Supper Family Gathering!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thejadedfool thejadedfool 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant

Greetings!

I am posting this to see if others are interested in the idea of getting together as a group…

If it something that we are interested in and we are able to pull it together and we enjoy it… Perhaps it is something we can do annually! =)

So I am throwing it out there… If you are interested in doing something like this… Please respond with where you would be traveling from… How many you think would be coming with you… and please feel free to give any input on activities and what types of things you would like to do as a group… IN PERSON!!

I was thinking something like a 3 day event… A long weekend perhaps Fri – Sun…

Friday – Dinner / Hanging out / Dancing ???

Saturday – Group events… Maybe some small groups… Something Recreational ( checking out the city we are meeting in?) Dinner and Relaxing?

Sunday – A fellowship gathering – assembling ourselves together… ?? Other events…

So if this is something you would like to be involved with… lets make it happen together!

Post you locations and ideas… Lets see what we can pull together!

Peace and Much Love

David

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

HECK YES!!! :D

I have a family of 5 and we’re from Hillsboro (Portland area) Oregon…I don’t want to leave them behind, but I’m concerned that if the location is too far I won’t have a choice if I want to go..WHICH I DO!! Just putting that out there. Flying is very expensive, and pretty much impossible for my family because of my littlest daughter who has a weak immune system.

Hehe…wow…There’s so much we could do! Honestly I will have to come back with ideas later..I’m too excited to think. LOL!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

i’ll come :) thanks for the inspiration dave

Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant

You better!! ;-P

And you are most welcome!! I hope we can pull it together!

Peace

David

Profile photo of pamwerner
    pamwerner
    Participant

I would and I am in Southern California

Profile photo of Syl
    Syl
    Participant

Great idea! I’m in Orlando. Love to travel – including up to Moxie’s neck of the woods…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Love the idea – just not sure I could swing the travel-related expenses.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

p.s. I’m in Southern California

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

All you west-coasters!  I’m in western New York, and I don’t think anyone is near me (that I know of).  There are 4 in our family, but we also have the same problem of travel expenses.  It’s really the air fare that’s killer–otherwise, we’d go anywhere.

Wade
    Participant

I’d be interested in a gathering, even though I’m fairly new. My only problem is distance: I’m in Sydney, Australia.

Profile photo of mxmagpie
    MxMagpie
    Participant

Aahhahah west-coasters? I Live in the UK! :P I know there are at least two others on here who are, but speaking for myself I would definitely like to be involved. Given the price of flights I’d have to work in some other form of holiday around it, but it would be difficult financially.

Profile photo of Sandy G.
    Sandy G.
    Participant

I would certainly be interested.  Coming from Utah.

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

I think we should do it in the UK…I’ve always wanted to visit. :)  Of course, that doesn’t negate the cost of flying, though.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

What a luxurious idea!!! LOL. I’d come if I could. I can’t imagine what miracles would have to happen for that reality but I am up for positive wishes for it. I would bet we would need to have it in the States for a larger crowd. Best wishes. :)

Profile photo of Syl
    Syl
    Participant

What about the idea of regional get-togethers, perhaps on the same weekend, linked via video conference with discussion and perhaps a couple of speakers – kind of a TED-x sort of thing, and the local/regional group going out after…?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.